I had a conversation with one of my Twitter followers the other day and they explained that they’ve been reading my posts but were pretty lost about what I was actually working on. This made it pretty obvious that I’m not making it obvious so here it is:
A light strategy / tower defence game where you defend a massive moving landship from swarms of enemies with teams of crew armed with customised weaponry.
Let me hit you with my planned feature list:
- Survive the most dangerous game show in the universe set on a planet artificially covered with dangerous enemies and awesome prizes.
- Defend your land ship by building gun nests and support buildings.
- Populate your gun nests with gun crews armed with a variety of weapons with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Customise your bullets to drastically change their behaviour. For example you could make a bullet penetrate several enemies, have rainbow tracers or split into electric bunnies on impact that hop towards targets and explode!
- Customise your crew’s looks and victory poses to captivate your audience.
- All these battles will be live-streamed (in game) and you will be reliant on the donations from your audience to fund your campaign.
- Defeat the other contestants and secure victory?
This game is still early in development, especially as far as graphics and music are concerned.
The good news is a lot of the behind the scenes stuff is done and I’m hopeful that in the next few weeks I’ll have an iteration of this game completed that I can play and improve on.
If this sounds like the sort of game you’d be interested in then please consider signing up for my mailing list for exclusive updates, giveaways and opportunities to get your name into Invasion Live.
You’ll also get a free download of the MultiTaskMaster soundtrack when you sign up: https://mailchi.mp/2f69a3777d37/wyvernware